Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Courier Champion and Killington Brief

North American cycle Courier Championships
by Julie Hunter

random photo of Julie Hunter
I took the weekend off from sanctioned road racing to compete in the North American Cycle Courier Championships held in Richmond, VA. Friday night's qualifying event involved racing to various checkpoints throughout the city over a period of about two hours. I finished 1st overall in the open (non-messenger) category and top-ten overall for both messengers and non-messengers. My placing qualified me for the championship event held the following day at Chimborazo Park, the site of our local cyclocross race. There were several checkpoints set up throughout the park where each racer had to pick-up or drop-off packages, including some very large boxes. After being passed at the last checkpoint because I almost dropped my box, I was the 1st female finisher and 4th overall in the non-messenger championships. This weekend was a great reminder of how I first started racing bikes five years ago and it was a blast!

Killington Stage Race
(A very brief overview)
Stage 1: Patty 7th and Amanda in the QOM jersey!
Overall GC: Patty 8th and Amanda 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Become a fan on Facebook